- “Pat O’Donnell – Hero and Friend”
- “We will never, ever, let them break us down”
- “The only thing I see that makes me proud to be Irish these days is the incorruptible and steely determined efforts of those in the shell to sea campaign in spite of the whole weight of shell, the media and the judiciary bearing down on them. Lets all help and support them in any way we can.”
- “To be honest I really don’t know what to say. Too many of us just take whatever the state doles out. It takes a lot of guts to be the one to stand up and be counted. I really hope you have the success you deserve.”
- “I completely disagree with the way you have been singled out by the state. Your Heroic actions during the cave rescue in 1997 have shown what kind of person you really are and not the “thug and bully” that you have been accused of.”
- “I Have Never trusted Big Oil and
Now even Less, my prayers are with you Pat”
- “All I can say is that you have my heartfelt warmth for you and your community. It is sad for Ireland that it is being eroded for us by a government who do not care or seriously do not understand what they are doing.”
- “Just to express my infinite support for Pat & Justice for all at Shell to Sea”
- “My fervent hope is that you stay strong and optimistic during this trying period – for these cowards of cops and judges and politicians really fear those who cannot be bought or broken.
When this fight against Shell and their helpmeets in suits and uniforms ends, you and all those who stand with you will be vindicated – I have no doubt of that.”
- “We are so saddened about Pat O Donnell been sent to prison. This is a man who would do anything to help anyone.”
- “We all understand the way governments today are doing things in a bad way. It takes powerful strong hearted people like yourself to stand up and fight. You are an inspiration to us all.
It does take time to make a difference. I hope that your future becomes bright and your livelihood survives.”
- “I would like you to pass on my best wishes and continued support to the chief and all at shell to sea.”
- “Solidarity with Pat O’Donnell, who’s been jailed by the state at the behest of Shell”
- “Your situation illustrates the corporatised thuggery which is now part of normal life across the Western World. I hope your case can help raise awareness of this and I wish you well with your attempts to protect your livelihood.”
- “I am ashamed of how the Irish legal system has treated you and others. No words can convey how outraged I feel at your treatment. I will pray that you find the strength to endure what is ahead.”
- “A great fighter on behalf of the local people”
- “Hats off to Pat and all those who struggle to keep their community clean.”
- ‘Cromwell had the law on his side but that did not make his actions just’
- “Keep your chin up, and I am sure that as important as you must be to the cause, many others will step in to keep up the pressure on Shell, and the corrupt government officials who side with them.
Courage and strength to you, and safe home soon.”
- “I am filled with admiration for our wonderful heroes Pat O’Donnell and Maura Harrington who show utter selflessness and remarkable tenacity in continuing to resist Shell’s tyranny”
- “I would like to send my support and best wishes to Pat O’Donnell in prison”
- “I’d like to express my solidarity with your fight against Shell and those who are prepared to sell our birthright to a clean and safe environment for ourselves and for the following generations.”
- “Just a quick note to say that to keep the chin up and you have our families support for the excellent work you are doing.”
- “I know you are strong and like most people from our part of the world it takes a lot to put us down!”
- “Please do not give up hope nor resolve, for even though you carry a heavy burden, that of the soul of our nation, it has always been the few that have made the greatest impression on history! nowhere more than our land, our island is this true, for while the people sleep and pay no heed to the injustices been suffered in their midst, one day they will wake up and claim their birthright and it will be because of men such as you!”
You can send messages of support for Pat to email@example.com.
Tags: castlebar district court, corrib gas project, corruption, garda, gardai, human rights, injustice, jail, judge groarke, judiciary, maura harrington, Pat O'Donnell, policing, protest, rossport, shell, shell to sea, smear campaign, solidarity